The first official day of winter is here! While temperatures have been on the mild side, it is smart to make sure your home ready for the new season. We’ve put together a list of items to take care of to get ready for Winter:
- Since most of the leaves have fallen, it’s a great time to be sure your gutters are clear of debris so all water will be diverted away from your home.
- If you have a flat roof, clear any loose debris to help prevent moisture build up.
- Prune any dead or damaged branches that could cause harm to your home or power lines.
- Take steps to prevent water damage. Turn off exterior faucets, drain and store hoses.
- Button up your home to help you conserve some energy during the colder months. Examine your window and door seams for cracks and small gaps. Take action to get them sealed up (with caulking or weather stripping) to help to prevent drafts and save you money on your utility bills.
- Take a walk along the paths that lead to your home’s walkways and entrances. Make sure that they are safe and well lit.
- Gather winter weather supplies so that you are prepared for when bad weather strikes. Rock salt and a shovel are great to have on hand just in case!
Master Remodelers has been transforming homes throughout East Tennessee for over 20 years. We love helping homeowners take care of their homes and adapt them for the way they live! If you are looking for a partnership with a contractor where craftsmanship is the focus and the building standards are high, renovate your home The Master Way!